The purpose of the TRANSCREATIVA project is to position the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) within the SUDOE space as a good European practice capable of combining economic development (technology transfer) and social cohesion (entrepreneurship and improve the employability of unemployed youth).
TRANSCREATIVA is a European project lead by Sinnergiak Social Innovation (University of the Basque Country/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea), financed by the European Union’s Interreg IV B SUDOE Programme (SOE3/P1/E529).
The TRANSCREATIVA project is structured into six principle actions.
- RESEARCH: Create a strategic map of the CCI sector. Research activity whose purpose is to map the regional structure of the CCI and produce a three-dimensional map on the profile of the organizations in the sector: technological capacities, innovative competencies and development strategies.
- INVOLVEMENT: Develop 3 Creative Poles (in each region) linked by a trans-regional Virtual Hub. Social intervention activity oriented at three complimentary objectives.
- Creation of learning spaces for competencies to improve employability and social capital of youth on unemployment.
- Develop pilot experiences to create new organisations in the CCI sector propelled by unemployed youth (technology companies, co-ops and social companies).
- Structure a field of prototyping and transfer of technology to regional companies in the CCI sector.
- TRANSFER: Develop technological prototypes. Activity oriented at the technology transfer to companies in the CCI sector to improve their regional positioning and competitiveness.
- DISSEMINATE: Disseminate the results of the project by means of different channels: academic articles, reports on regional policies, activity reports, press notices, social networks and regional and trans-regional workshops.
- SCALE: Formalise the actions of the project as a good practice in the boost for economic development with social cohesion at a regional level and escalate the main actions to other European regions.
- EVALUATE: Evaluate the activities realised by the project and its impact. Activity oriented at the development of a project monitoring system and social impact (employability of youth), corporate impact (creation of new organisations and technology transfer), and a strategy to escalate the project to other European regions.
- Identify the strategic sectors of the CCI in each region as well as its innovative dynamics, technological capacities and development strategies. Elaborate 6 academic documents to understand the dynamics of the sector and 1 document of public policies to promote CCI in regions implied in the project.
- Create 3 regional creative poles and one virtual hub as a space of learning and transfer which integrates unemployed youth, companies in the CCI sector, public institutions, universities and technology agents in several practices.
- Develop 6 technological prototypes, implicate 90 companies in the CCI sector in this prototyping process and promote the creation of 12 new organisations lead by unemployed youth.
- Develop 3 training modules for competences (employability) as a learning space for 240 unemployed youth in the three regions responsible for the project.
- Develop 1 capitalisation strategy for the creative poles and scale its principle actions towards other European regions.